1865-journal entry

dear father

the rebels had a really bad lost thout that you would be mad at me and relly be dissapointed. the union had taken r capitol richmond. you r in richmond right? so you know what we did to the capitol? well if you dont know me and my friends had burned it down. we had nothing to eat for days! it was so not fair but i would rather live then to die. but but when general lee was really tired he had wanted to surrender. general lee had sent grant a letter tat we wanted to surrender. so we had surrendered and something really cool had happened a captain and his horse had bowed down saying that they were surrendering! it was cool!

i was so happy that i kept my orse and my weapons tat you had given me wheen i was leaving for the war! tey also said that i could not fiht with any of the rebels again... im going to see you and my lover again! im so happy!

so i will see you soon!

your son
james

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

lettr hom-1863

letter home

1863 journal entry